Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group
Sharp Rees-Stealy Quality Results
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group has been recognized for their quality results, as determined by a range of pay for performance measures including:
- Clinical quality — measures the percentage of patients who receive screenings, such as Pap smears and mammograms along with immunizations according to nationally recognized preventive care guideline. It also measures care for patients with chronic conditions and acute care needs.
- Patient experience — measures patients' satisfaction with how quickly they can get in for appointments, communication with their doctor and helpfulness of office staff.
- Use of health information technology — measures how technology supports clinical decision making and ensures patients receive appropriate care.
What are pay-for-performance programs?
Pay-for-performance programs are designed to improve the quality of care and patient service by compensating physicians based on how well they perform to meet quality and service goals.
Quality results by measure.
See how Sharp Rees-Stealy compares to state medians for the following pay-for-performance measures, based on 2014 health plan data (the latest year for which data has been compiled).
- Breast cancer screening
- Cervical cancer screening
- Checking patients on long-term medications
- Childhood immunizations
- Chlamydia screening
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Communicating with patients
- Controlling blood pressure for people with diabetes
- Coordinating patient care
- Helpful office staff
- Immunizations for early teens
- Overall rating of care
- Testing blood sugar for diabetes patients
- Treating bronchitis: getting the right care
- Testing for cause of back pain
- Testing kidney function for diabetes patients
- Treating children with throat infections
- Treating children with upper respiratory infections
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View Sharp Rees-Stealy doctors in San Diego.
"I respect the body's innate healing ability and each patient's role in selecting the direction of care."
"I am a professional grandfather, a perservering golfer and a journeyman orthopedic surgeon."