Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group
Request Your Medical Records
Gain access to your personal health information.
Your protected health information is any information in your medical record that can be used to identify you. At Sharp, you can have peace of mind knowing that we keep your personal data secure.
Authorization for use or disclosure of your protected health information.
With your consent, Sharp Rees-Stealy can provide one year of your health information to doctors outside of Sharp Rees-Stealy for the purpose of providing you with continued care. The one-year period consists of documentation from the date of your last Sharp Rees-Stealy visit to 12 months prior, unless your authorization form states a different time period.
If you would like to receive a copy of your medical records, please be as specific as possible regarding the information requested by your new doctor.
Download, complete and print forms.
- Authorization for Use or Disclosure of Protected Health Information (PDF)
- Authorization for Use or Disclosure of Protected Health Information - Spanish (PDF)
Note: For "I hereby authorize," enter Sharp Rees-Stealy, 4000 Ruffin Road, Suite R, San Diego, CA 92123. For "Records Released To," enter the name and address of the individual to whom the records will be sent.
Submit your form to Sharp Rees-Stealy.
Please return your completed form to Sharp Rees-Stealy in one of the following ways:
- Fax it to Sharp Rees-Stealy at 858-636-2424, Attn: ROI Specialist
- Mail it to Sharp Rees-Stealy Central Records Room, Attn: Medical Records, 4000 Ruffin Road, Suite R, San Diego, CA 92123
- Drop it off at any Sharp Rees-Stealy clinic
- Email it to SRS.ROIRequest@sharp.com
Records going to another health care provider will be sent at no charge. Records for your own personal use may be subject to a charge based on the quantity of the request.
We're here to help.
If you have questions about obtaining a copy of your medical records, please call a Sharp Rees-Stealy release of information specialist at 858-637-6446, Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm.