Sharp HealthCare’s Community Re-Entry Program provides specialized outpatient rehabilitation programs for individuals recovering from brain injury related to an accident, illness or stroke. These programs are specifically designed to develop and integrate the skills that enable individuals to successfully return to home, school and the community.
This comprehensive program offers a transdisciplinary team, which is utilized to identify and address each client’s unique physical, cognitive, functional and social barriers to successful home, school and community integration. The program includes:
- Case management and monthly case conference with family
- Individual therapy (OT/PT/SP) and group sessions
- Neuropsychological services
- Patient and family education
- Psychosocial support for patient and family
- Treatment provided three to six hours per day, three to five days per week
- Weekly communication with referral sources
- Weekly rounds with team
Community Re-Entry Team Members
- Case manager
- Clinical psychologist
- Nutrition counselor
- Occupational and physical therapists
- Rehabilitation engineer
- Rehabilitation nurse
- Social worker
- Speech pathologist
Find a Physical Therapy Doctor
To find a Sharp-affiliated doctor, search for a San Diego physical therapy doctor or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
For More Rehabilitation Information
To learn more about the Community Re-Entry Program or for referral information, please contact us directly at 858-939-4415 or send us an email. To find general information about rehabilitation, visit Rehabilitation in Adult Health or read the Rehabilitation News archive.