Find a Doctor
Sharp-Affiliated San Diego Physicians
Tips for how to choose a physician in San Diego.
Choosing a physician is one of the most important health care decisions you can make. Your physician is your partner and your advocate. You want a San Diego physician who will be there when you need care and who can give you the answers you need.
At Sharp HealthCare, we offer a large selection of highly qualified physicians in San Diego who practice in a variety of settings, from hospitals to multi-specialty offices to private practice offices.
What matters most?
First, spend some time thinking about what is important to you in a physician and write down a few notes. Here are some questions to get you started:
- Access - Do you need your physician to participate in a specific insurance or health plan?
- Experience - Do you want a younger or an older physician?
- Gender - Do you want your physician to be male or female?
- Language - Do you need someone who can speak a language other than English?
- Location - Do you want the office to be close to your work or to your home?
- Practice style - What is the physician's philosophy of healing and health care?
Using Find a Doctor
Our Find a Doctor tool is an easy-to-use database of all Sharp-affiliated physicians. Use the answer to the questions above to narrow down your search, and then browse through a list of physicians who meet your criteria. When you look at a physician profile, you can see a picture and learn about the doctor's education and interests. Read more about accessing care at Sharp and learn about Sharp's two affiliated medical groups.
I've found a physician. What's next?
- Answer questions about physicians' qualifications
- Help you narrow down your choices
- Help you schedule your first appointment
Physician referral nurses are available to take your call Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.