Find a Doctor
How Doctors Are Included in Find a Doctor and What Information Displays
Find a Doctor is a database of highly qualified physicians who are in good standing with a Sharp HealthCare hospital or affiliated medical group, and who use Sharp facilities. They pay no fees to participate in this service.
Physicians who may not display in Find a Doctor search results include doctors who practice exclusively in a hospital setting, like hospitalists or anesthesiologists. Some physicians who qualify may self-select to not participate in the Find a Doctor search results and therefore will not display.
Information Included on Profiles
Physicians are surveyed once each year and have additional opportunities throughout the year to update their information. The following information is collected from each physician and verified through Sharp HealthCare credentialing offices:
- Name, age and gender
- Practice dates
- Specialties and board certifications (physicians will be listed with specialties for which board certification information is available)
- Medical education, residency and internships
- Office locations
- Hospital and medical group affiliations
The following information is self-reported by the physician and not verified by Sharp HealthCare:
- Treatments and conditions
- Insurances accepted
- Practice features
- Physician biographical statements
- Office hours
- FollowMyHealth® participation
- Languages spoken by the physician or office staff
- Whether the doctor is accepting new patients
- Whether the doctor offers same-day/next-day appointments
Physician biographical statements in particular are presented in the doctor's own words and are only edited for grammar, style and length. Any claims made in the biographical statement have not been verified by Sharp HealthCare and are solely the responsibility of the physician.
Physicians' information changes frequently. While Sharp HealthCare does its best to provide the most up-to-date information on every physician, the responsibility of providing accurate information resides with the providers.