Preventive Health Services Program
The Preventive Health Services Program offers preventive health information, and health education and wellness programs.
Sharp Community Medical Group developed its Preventive Health Services Program to improve the health of its patients. The Preventive Health Services Program offers preventive health information, health education and wellness programs. Each of these programs directly involve the patient in his or her health improvement.
Preventive health services education programs are designed to enhance the patient's self-awareness and responsibility toward developing and maintaining healthier lifestyles. These programs provide education to help patients understand the role they play in their health and wellness. Goals include:
- Emphasize crucial role of the patient in improving and maintaining his or her own health status
- Increase the early detection of certain clinical conditions and diseases
- Encourage the patient's use of effective prevention and treatment regimens
- Increase the patient's understanding of his or her own health status
- Involve the patient in a team-approach to his or her health care
Health Management Education
The Health Management Education programs are designed for patients and families who are learning to effectively manage specific diseases or conditions. These disease or condition specific programs are structured to improve patients' ability to manage their health status and prevent complications.
The involvement of family members and support persons is strongly encouraged to achieve the highest level of success in caring for the patient.
These disease or condition-specific programs include:
- Asthma and chronic lung conditions
- Pregnancy and childbirth
Preventive health, wellness and general health education programs are designed to promote patients' awareness of health lifestyles and to promote disease prevention. The patient learns to take an active role in achieving his or her optimal health status.
These programs include:
- Breastfeeding and infant care
- Cardiovascular health
- Diet and exercise/nutrition
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management