Be sure to consider:
- Doctor and hospital network
- Prescription drug coverage
- Worldwide coverage
Benefits of a Medicare Advantage Plan
When you enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan, you will receive the following benefits:
- Cost-effective, predictable medical expenses
- Coverage beyond Parts A and B of Medicare
- Financial protection through annual limits on out-of-pocket expenses
- Plans with a low or zero-dollar monthly premium beyond what you pay for Medicare Part B
- Special benefits such as dental and fitness
- Worldwide health coverage
Benefits for Sharp Patients
No matter which plan you're in, as a Sharp patient, you will receive:
- Clinical excellence delivered with understanding and compassion — a level of care we call The Sharp Experience
- Convenient access to Sharp medical offices and urgent care centers, plus Sharp hospitals and emergency departments throughout San Diego County
- Coordinated care provided by a primary care doctor working in partnership with you and specialists to maintain your optimal health
Who Is Eligible?
In order to enroll in a Medicare health insurance plan, you must be a legal resident living in the United States for at least five consecutive years and meet one of the following requirements:
Age 65 or older
Younger than 65 with a qualifying disability (a medical or physical condition lasting, or expected to last, more than 12 months and prevents you from working)
Any age with end-stage renal disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or kidney transplant)
Insurance Plans Accepted
Sharp doctors accept the following Medicare health insurance plans:
- Original Medicare
- All Medicare Supplement and Medigap Plans
- Health Net Seniority Plus Group Retiree Plan
- Medicare Supplement and Medigap Plans
- Sharp HealthCare Accountable Care Organization (ACO) — for existing Sharp ACO Medicare patients only
- TRICARE for Life
- UnitedHealthcare Group Retiree Plan
- UnitedHealthcare Individual Medicare Advantage Plans:
-Sharp SecureHorizons Plan by UnitedHealthcare (HMO)
-AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons Value (HMO)
-AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons Premier (HMO)
-AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons Essential (HMO)
The Medicare Choices Worksheet helps you compare your health care needs with the types of Medicare coverage available. You can quickly see which parts and plans offer which benefits and how they compare, which will help get you on your way to making an informed Medicare decision.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and download this file.
Sign Up Now
Ready to enroll in a plan? Visit UnitedHealthcare to learn more.
For More Information
To find a Sharp-affiliated physician, search for San Diego doctors or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm. To learn more about Sharp's senior health services, visit San Diego Senior Care.
Please note that Sharp HealthCare does not control or endorse the information presented on external websites, nor do these websites endorse the information found on www.sharp.com.