CT Lung Cancer Screening
Lung cancer is the deadliest cancer in the United States, accounting for 30 percent of all cancer deaths. It also has a five-year survival rate of less than 16 percent, significantly lower than the survival rate for other common cancers.
With a recent recommendation from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force and National Comprehensive Cancer Network, we offer current and former smokers meeting certain criteria annual CT scans, determined to be an effective tool in discovering cancer at an earlier stage. Through early detection, you could benefit from improved treatment options and better outcomes.
It is recommended that you meet the following criteria to qualify for a screening:
- Be between the ages of 55 and 80
- Currently smoke or have quit within the past 15 years
- Have a 30 pack-year history of smoking (a pack-year is defined as the number of packs of cigarettes you smoke per day times the number of years you have smoked)
CT scans are endorsed by the American Medical Association, American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society, American Lung Association, American Cancer Society and Lung Cancer Alliance. Many insurance plans, including Medicare, now cover these screenings.
Why choose Sharp for a lung cancer screening?
- Experienced team of radiologists, radiographers and additional staff work together to give you a five-star experience with timely scheduling, the latest imaging techniques and prompt reporting of results
- Sharp's acute care hospitals provide a comprehensive arrange of treatment modalities for lung cancer, at our locations in Southern, Eastern and Central San Diego County
Schedule a screening.
If you or a loved one meet the above criteria and are interested in scheduling a screening, please talk to your doctor about a referral to one of our locations. Please note that not all insurance plans cover this screening at this time. To determine eligibility, please contact your insurance provider.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"The Sharp Experience signifies a collective effort to provide cutting-edge medical care."
"My goal is to provide information and treatment options to help you through this challenging time."
"I enjoy connecting with patients and their families to provide open and caring communication."
"Dedication and friendliness are essential in delivering superior patient care."
"My goal is to provide you with information to help guide you through this challenging time."
"I am dedicated to providing compassionate and exceptional cancer care to my patients and caring for the whole family"
"My goal is to provide positive experiences in order for my patients to get as healthy as possible, as soon as possible."
"I provide cutting-edge, compassionate care and treat patients as I would my own family."
"I enjoy working with patients and educating them on ways we both can improve their health."