Heart and Vascular Care
Mechanical Circulatory Support
Heart support systems in San Diego.
Since 1987, more than 500 patients have been supported with mechanical circulatory support systems at Sharp HealthCare. Mechanical circulatory support systems are devices that keep the heart functioning in patients with life-threatening heart disease. Mechanical assist devices can be used to help a heart become stronger, as a temporary support tool until a patient can receive a heart transplant or as a permanent treatment.
- Awaiting heart transplantation (bridge to transplant)
- Expecting cardiac recovery (bridge to recovery)
- Living comfortably at home or traveling with an implantable permanent left ventricular assist device (LVAD), also known as destination therapy
Why choose us?
- Active participation in clinical trials enabling many devices to receive FDA approval and be used more safely and effectively
- Comprehensive onsite heart rehabilitation program
- Nationally recognized clinical researchers and authors covering issues relating to artificial heart pumps
- Sharp Memorial Hospital has advanced certification in ventricular assist devices from The Joint Commission
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in heart care in San Diego.
"I care for the complexities of the heart with compassion, understanding and the trained hands of experience."
"Being a physician has been a calling for me. I love my work; it is not a job."
""The secret of caring for the patient is to care for the patient." — William Osler"
"I am dedicated to providing innovative and comprehensive lung and heart surgical treatment."
"I pride myself on good communication and truly enjoy spending time with my patients."
"I am proud to be able to offer my patients the most advanced minimally invasive surgical treatments."
"I will deliver the best care in the most efficient way, and strive for happy and satisfied patients."
"The best outcomes result from open communication between the physician and patient."