No one should grieve alone.
At Sharp HospiceCare, we understand that patients, families and caregivers all experience grief differently. We know grieving is painful and at times lonely. Our mission is to provide bereavement support in a respectful, dignified manner for those working through the grief process.
Our comprehensive bereavement services can help you cope.
Bereavement services help those grieving to learn effective ways to cope with their grief and loss, and return to a focus on living. Services include:
- A monthly newsletter sent for 13 months after the loss of a loved one to provide assistance in coping with the various changes experienced (subscriptions are free for Hospice families and $25 for community members)
- Bereavement classes and support groups throughout San Diego
- Community education and assistance with issues such as sudden and traumatic loss, adolescent grief and healing and grief in the workplace
- Family and individual counseling for adults, adolescents and children who are survivors of the hospice patient
- Telephone support by a bereavement counselor to provide assessment, reassurance and comfort
Our bereavement counselors are here to support you.
Our team of trained professionals specialize in grief counseling, the grief process and its effect on daily life. Counselors provide a safe, supportive, confidential environment for families to cope with the feelings and issues of dealing with the loss of a loved one and coming to terms with that loss.
Our counselors will work with you to help facilitate communication among family members, guide discussions and expressions of painful feelings and help you adjust to a changing life. We are here to support you through this time, and can provide prebereavement services as needed.
Bereavement services are free for Sharp HospiceCare families for up to 13 months after the death of a loved one and may be used regularly, either during a crisis or for short-term support. Community services are also provided to those without a prior Sharp HospiceCare relationship.
To learn more about Sharp HospiceCare services, or to speak to a bereavement coordinator, call 619-667-1900.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"My definition of a good doctor is giving the best medical care possible and being available when the patient needs you."
"I want to be able to make a difference in someone's life, even if it is small."
"The Sharp Experience represents quality patient care delivered with compassion and respect."
"My goal is to empower my patients to make sound decisions that affect their health."
"My mission is to teach patients how better health habits can prevent many diseases."