Resources for Professionals
We understand that referring a loved one to hospice care can be difficult. We have provided our health care professionals with the following information to make the process as easy as possible to refer a patient to Sharp HospiceCare.
Resources for advance care planning.
- Advance Care Planning Brochure (PDF)
- Advance Care Planning Brochure - Spanish (PDF)
- Advance Care Planning Referral Form (PDF)
- Advance Health Care Directive Form (PDF)
- Advance Health Care Directive Form - Spanish (PDF)
- POLST Quick Reference Guide for Physicians (PDF)
- Physician Order for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST) Form (PDF)
- POLST Form - Spanish (PDF)
Resources for advanced illness management.
- Sharp Transitions Brochure (PDF)
- Sharp Transitions Brochure - Spanish (PDF)
- Sharp Transitions Guidelines (PDF)
- Sharp Transitions Geriatric Frailty Reference Tool (PDF)
- Sharp Transitions Referral Form (PDF)
- Sharp Frailty Intake Data Form (PDF)
Resources for hospice care.
- Sharp HospiceCare Medicare Guidelines (PDF)
- Sharp HospiceCare Referral Form (PDF)
- Sharp HospiceCare English Brochure (PDF)
- Sharp HospiceCare Spanish Brochure (PDF)
Articles and resources for professionals.
- Effect of a Home-Based Palliative Care Program on Healthcare Use and Costs (PDF)
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 13 (PDF)
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 14 (PDF)
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 14 Issue 2 (PDF)
- NHPCO Newsline: Improving Late-Stage Disease Management by Understanding Geriatric Frailty (PDF)
- Care of the Aging Patient: From Evidence to Action, Hospitalization-Associated Disability. JAMA, October 26, 2011 - Vol 306, No. 16 (PDF)
- Frailty as a Predictor of Surgical Outcomes (PDF)
- Frailty in Older Adults: Evidence for a Phenotype (PDF)
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"The Sharp Experience allows me to bring an elevated level of care to my patients."
"My goal is to empower my patients to make sound decisions that affect their health."