Resources for Professionals
We understand that referring a loved one to hospice care can be difficult. We have provided our health care professionals with the following information to make the process as easy as possible to refer a patient to Sharp HospiceCare.
Resources for advance care planning.
- Advance Care Planning Brochure (PDF)
- Advance Care Planning Brochure - Spanish (PDF)
- Advance Care Planning Referral Form (PDF)
- Advance Health Care Directive Form (PDF)
- Advance Health Care Directive Form - Spanish (PDF)
- POLST Quick Reference Guide for Physicians (PDF)
- Physician Order for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST) Form (PDF)
- POLST Form - Spanish (PDF)
Resources for advanced illness management.
- Sharp Transitions Brochure (PDF)
- Sharp Transitions Brochure - Spanish (PDF)
- Sharp Transitions Guidelines (PDF)
- Sharp Transitions Geriatric Frailty Reference Tool (PDF)
- Sharp Transitions Referral Form (PDF)
- Sharp Frailty Intake Data Form (PDF)
Resources for hospice care.
- Sharp HospiceCare Medicare Guidelines (PDF)
- Sharp HospiceCare Referral Form (PDF)
- Sharp HospiceCare English Brochure (PDF)
- Sharp HospiceCare Spanish Brochure (PDF)
Articles and resources for professionals.
- Effect of a Home-Based Palliative Care Program on Healthcare Use and Costs (PDF)
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 13 (PDF)
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 14 (PDF)
- Quality of Life Newsletter Vol. 14 Issue 2 (PDF)
- NHPCO Newsline: Improving Late-Stage Disease Management by Understanding Geriatric Frailty (PDF)
- Care of the Aging Patient: From Evidence to Action, Hospitalization-Associated Disability. JAMA, October 26, 2011 - Vol 306, No. 16 (PDF)
- Frailty as a Predictor of Surgical Outcomes (PDF)
- Frailty in Older Adults: Evidence for a Phenotype (PDF)
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"I empower each patient to achieve optimal health in order to live a long, healthy and happy life."
"I care about my patients. They will be seen whenever is needed, regardless of the time of the day."
"I treat my patients as I would family and dedicate my full time and attention that I feel they deserve."
"The Sharp Experience means caring for others and continuously striving to be the best version of yourself."