Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
Benefits of Wound Care Treatment
Patients with many types of wounds can benefit from wound care treatment, including:
- Diabetic patients with a lower extremity wound of any duration. Early intervention of diabetic foot ulcers may prevent complications such as infection, hospitalization and amputation.
- Patients who have a wound that has not healed within the expected three- to four-week timeframe for acute wounds. These wounds may be traumatic, postoperative or of unknown etiology.
- Patients with an ostomy or fistula complication, like a leaking ostomy appliance, peristomal skin ulceration or peristomal hernia. Also, patients who require further postoperative ostomy instruction.
- Patients with a pressure ulcer. These patients often require specialized intervention and education on pressure reduction and use of medical devices.
- Patients with high-risk wounds associated with conditions such as chronic venous insufficiency, arterial insufficiency or immunosuppression.
- Patients with neuropathic wounds of any duration.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"I believe in caring for the whole person and the whole health of the mind, body and spirit."
"I value, respect and listen to my patients so they feel cared for during every step of the medical process."
"The Sharp Experience means providing superior care to maintain optimal patient health."
"I provide complete health care for the whole family in a friendly and caring community practice."
"The Sharp Experience means patient-doctor relationships that lead to phenomenal individualized health care."