Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
Benefits of Wound Care Treatment
Patients with many types of wounds can benefit from wound care treatment, including:
- Diabetic patients with a lower extremity wound of any duration. Early intervention of diabetic foot ulcers may prevent complications such as infection, hospitalization and amputation.
- Patients who have a wound that has not healed within the expected three- to four-week timeframe for acute wounds. These wounds may be traumatic, postoperative or of unknown etiology.
- Patients with an ostomy or fistula complication, like a leaking ostomy appliance, peristomal skin ulceration or peristomal hernia. Also, patients who require further postoperative ostomy instruction.
- Patients with a pressure ulcer. These patients often require specialized intervention and education on pressure reduction and use of medical devices.
- Patients with high-risk wounds associated with conditions such as chronic venous insufficiency, arterial insufficiency or immunosuppression.
- Patients with neuropathic wounds of any duration.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"I believe in forming a partnership to improve the quality of life for my patients."
"My goal is to go the extra mile for everyone and to treat each person as a unique individual."
"It is my goal to improve my patients' physical, psychological and social well-being."
"The Sharp Experience means providing superior care to maintain optimal patient health."