Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
Benefits of Wound Care Treatment
Patients with many types of wounds can benefit from wound care treatment, including:
- Diabetic patients with a lower extremity wound of any duration. Early intervention of diabetic foot ulcers may prevent complications such as infection, hospitalization and amputation.
- Patients who have a wound that has not healed within the expected three- to four-week timeframe for acute wounds. These wounds may be traumatic, postoperative or of unknown etiology.
- Patients with an ostomy or fistula complication, like a leaking ostomy appliance, peristomal skin ulceration or peristomal hernia. Also, patients who require further postoperative ostomy instruction.
- Patients with a pressure ulcer. These patients often require specialized intervention and education on pressure reduction and use of medical devices.
- Patients with high-risk wounds associated with conditions such as chronic venous insufficiency, arterial insufficiency or immunosuppression.
- Patients with neuropathic wounds of any duration.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"My goal is to go the extra mile for everyone and to treat each person as a unique individual."
"The health of your family and employees is important to me, so I am dedicated to providing quality medical care."
"I want to be able to make a difference in someone's life, even if it is small."
"My goal is to serve the family's medical needs with an emphasis on keeping everyone healthy."
"Patients are satisfied when they receive top-quality care for a broad range of medical problems."
"My goal is to provide cost-effective, outstanding primary care in a professional and caring manner."