Arthritis and Joint Replacement Surgery
Specializing in the latest advances in hip, knee and shoulder joint replacement procedures.
Osteoarthritis, the most common form of arthritis, is a chronic, degenerative joint disease that becomes more common with age. Osteoarthritis of the hips and knees are the most disabling forms this condition, leading to the loss of mobility and pain when walking even short distances.
People with osteoarthritis of the hip and knee can be treated with various medications and devices. Eventually, many patients find that the disability becomes uncontrollable and, together with their physician, decide to have joint replacement surgery. Following their recovery, most patients find regained mobility and relief from their pain.
Although less common, arthritis can affect the shoulder, elbow, wrist and ankle joints. There are now prosthetic replacements for these joints that are showing results comparable to those achieved after hip and knee replacement.
Procedures are available at Sharp HealthCare to help patients with arthritis and those who undergo joint replacement surgery to return to the highest level of function and independence possible.
What sets our program apart from the rest?
- Sharp HealthCare is the only hospital system in San Diego County to offer a new minimally invasive surgery for osteoarthritis knee pain
- 65 percent of joint replacement patients are ready to go home within 3.2 days after joint replacement surgery
- Joint Endeavor Program: Focusing on every step of quality of patient care, from preoperative tests to postdischarge home safety to ensure that patients achieve the best possible outcomes
- More than 600 successful joint replacement surgeries performed each year
- Small incision surgical approaches allow for faster rehabilitation, less pain and scarring
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in orthopedic surgery in San Diego.
"I aim to provide high quality evaluation, excellent treatment and compassionate care."
"I strive to provide the best orthopedic care possible for all patients and to treat each patient the way I would like to be treated."
"I make every effort to deliver comprehensive and quality orthopedic care tailored to individual needs."
"I approach every patient as an individual and look at every problem as important."
"I am committed to providing patients with the highest quality of orthopedic care."
"I am dedicated to treating the whole person by considering a patient's emotional and physical needs."
"I take the time to listen to my patients concerns in order to recognize individual goals."