OBGYN, Pregnancy and Childbirth Care
Immunization Schedule for Infants and Young Children
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, vaccine-preventable childhood diseases in the United States are near an all-time low. But, some viruses and bacteria are still active and can cause serious illness.
It is important that all children, especially infants and young children, receive recommended immunizations on time. In other countries, many vaccine-preventable diseases are relatively common. Because of travel, these diseases could return to the US, resulting in increased, and unnecessary, illness, disability, and death among children.
Recommended immunization schedule for children up to age six.
- Birth: hepatitis B
- 1 month: hepatitis B (1-2 months)
- 2 months: hepatitis B (1-2 months); rotavirus (RV); diphtheria, tetanus toxoids and acccelular pertussis (DTaP); haemophilus influenzae type B conjugate (HiB); pneumococcal (PCV), inactivated poliovirus (IPV)
- 4 months: RV, DTaP, HiB, PCV, IPV
- 6 months: HepB (6-18 months), RV, DTaP, HiB, PCV, IPV (6-18 months), influenza (yearly, starting at 6 months)
- 12 months: HepB (6-18 months); HiB (12-15 months); PCV (12-15 months); IPV (6-18 months); influenza (yearly); measles, mumps and rubella (MMR; 12-15 months); varicella (12-15 months), HepA (2 doses; 12-23 months)
- 15 months: HepB (6-18 months), DTaP (15-18 months), HiB (12-15 months), PCV (12-15 months), IPV (6-18 months), influenza (yearly), MMR (12-15 months), varicella (12-15 months), HepA (2 doses; 12-23 months)
- 18 months: HepB (6-18 months), DTaP (15-18 months), IPV (6-18 months), influenza (yearly), HepA (2 doses; 12-23 months)
- 19-23 months: influenza (yearly), HepA (2 doses; 12-23 months)
- 2-3 years: pneumococcal polysaccaride (PPSV; 2-6 years); HepA series (2-6 years), meningococcal (MCV; 2-6 years)
- 4-6 years: DTaP, PPSV (2-6 years), IPV, influenza (yearly), MMR, varicella, HepA series (2-6 years), MCV (2-6 years)
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in obstetrics/gynecology in San Diego.
"My office takes pride in our warm, caring and very individual approach to each patient."
"My goal is to provide high quality health care to women throughout all stages of life."
"I take the time to listen to my patients' issues and work with them to find a solution."
"I work to provide patients with the opportunity to take an active role in their care with an individualized treatment plan."
"I strive to provide a unique environment where women can feel cared for by a knowledgeable, compassionate physician."