OBGYN, Pregnancy and Childbirth Care
Immunization Schedule for Infants and Young Children
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, vaccine-preventable childhood diseases in the United States are near an all-time low. But, some viruses and bacteria are still active and can cause serious illness.
It is important that all children, especially infants and young children, receive recommended immunizations on time. In other countries, many vaccine-preventable diseases are relatively common. Because of travel, these diseases could return to the US, resulting in increased, and unnecessary, illness, disability, and death among children.
Recommended immunization schedule for children up to age six.
- Birth: hepatitis B
- 1 month: hepatitis B (1-2 months)
- 2 months: hepatitis B (1-2 months); rotavirus (RV); diphtheria, tetanus toxoids and acccelular pertussis (DTaP); haemophilus influenzae type B conjugate (HiB); pneumococcal (PCV), inactivated poliovirus (IPV)
- 4 months: RV, DTaP, HiB, PCV, IPV
- 6 months: HepB (6-18 months), RV, DTaP, HiB, PCV, IPV (6-18 months), influenza (yearly, starting at 6 months)
- 12 months: HepB (6-18 months); HiB (12-15 months); PCV (12-15 months); IPV (6-18 months); influenza (yearly); measles, mumps and rubella (MMR; 12-15 months); varicella (12-15 months), HepA (2 doses; 12-23 months)
- 15 months: HepB (6-18 months), DTaP (15-18 months), HiB (12-15 months), PCV (12-15 months), IPV (6-18 months), influenza (yearly), MMR (12-15 months), varicella (12-15 months), HepA (2 doses; 12-23 months)
- 18 months: HepB (6-18 months), DTaP (15-18 months), IPV (6-18 months), influenza (yearly), HepA (2 doses; 12-23 months)
- 19-23 months: influenza (yearly), HepA (2 doses; 12-23 months)
- 2-3 years: pneumococcal polysaccaride (PPSV; 2-6 years); HepA series (2-6 years), meningococcal (MCV; 2-6 years)
- 4-6 years: DTaP, PPSV (2-6 years), IPV, influenza (yearly), MMR, varicella, HepA series (2-6 years), MCV (2-6 years)
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in obstetrics/gynecology in San Diego.
"I strive to meet and exceed expectations, as well as provide optimal care in a caring, compassionate manner."
"The Sharp Experience means physicians among all specialties collaborating to provide patients with the highest quality of care."
"I provide quality gynecological care to women from adolescence to past menopause."
"I am dedicated to the provision of culturally sensitive health care for the female patient."
"My office takes pride in our warm, caring and very individual approach to each patient."
"The Sharp Experience means exceeding patients' expectations by providing the highest quality women's health care possible."
"I take the time to listen to my patients' issues and work with them to find a solution."