OBGYN, Pregnancy and Childbirth Care
Immunization Schedule for Infants and Young Children
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, vaccine-preventable childhood diseases in the United States are near an all-time low. But, some viruses and bacteria are still active and can cause serious illness.
It is important that all children, especially infants and young children, receive recommended immunizations on time. In other countries, many vaccine-preventable diseases are relatively common. Because of travel, these diseases could return to the US, resulting in increased, and unnecessary, illness, disability, and death among children.
Recommended immunization schedule for children up to age six.
- Birth: hepatitis B
- 1 month: hepatitis B (1-2 months)
- 2 months: hepatitis B (1-2 months); rotavirus (RV); diphtheria, tetanus toxoids and acccelular pertussis (DTaP); haemophilus influenzae type B conjugate (HiB); pneumococcal (PCV), inactivated poliovirus (IPV)
- 4 months: RV, DTaP, HiB, PCV, IPV
- 6 months: HepB (6-18 months), RV, DTaP, HiB, PCV, IPV (6-18 months), influenza (yearly, starting at 6 months)
- 12 months: HepB (6-18 months); HiB (12-15 months); PCV (12-15 months); IPV (6-18 months); influenza (yearly); measles, mumps and rubella (MMR; 12-15 months); varicella (12-15 months), HepA (2 doses; 12-23 months)
- 15 months: HepB (6-18 months), DTaP (15-18 months), HiB (12-15 months), PCV (12-15 months), IPV (6-18 months), influenza (yearly), MMR (12-15 months), varicella (12-15 months), HepA (2 doses; 12-23 months)
- 18 months: HepB (6-18 months), DTaP (15-18 months), IPV (6-18 months), influenza (yearly), HepA (2 doses; 12-23 months)
- 19-23 months: influenza (yearly), HepA (2 doses; 12-23 months)
- 2-3 years: pneumococcal polysaccaride (PPSV; 2-6 years); HepA series (2-6 years), meningococcal (MCV; 2-6 years)
- 4-6 years: DTaP, PPSV (2-6 years), IPV, influenza (yearly), MMR, varicella, HepA series (2-6 years), MCV (2-6 years)
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in obstetrics/gynecology in San Diego.
"I provide a warm, welcoming environment, with top-notch continuity of care for all aspects of women's health."
"The Sharp Experience means physicians among all specialties collaborating to provide patients with the highest quality of care."
"It is an honor and a privilege to care for women through all life phases.
West Coast OB/GYN is pleased to announce the opening of an additional location in Carlsbad, Spring 2017. Our additional location will be at 6125 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad, CA 92011."
"The doctor-patient relationship is very important to me and I enjoy connecting with and helping my patients."
"I am dedicated to the provision of culturally sensitive health care for the female patient."