Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
Spinal Cord Injury Fertility Program
Making parenthood a possibility for patients with spinal cord injury.
More than 250,000 Americans have had a spinal cord injury, and more than 50 percent of those injuries occur between the ages of 16 and 30. Many of these people are concerned about their ability to become a parent. The Spinal Cord Injury Fertility Program through Sharp Rehabilitation Services is dedicated to making parenthood a possibility for those affected by spinal cord injury.
The program is one of the few spinal cord fertility programs in the United States that offers comprehensive services in one location.
Fertility services included.
- Certified rehabilitation nursing evaluation and referral
- Fertility evaluation
- Initial assessment and counseling
- Ongoing individual and couples counseling
- Outpatient sperm procurement (RPE) and high-frequency vibratory stimulation
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy assessment for child care needs, home modification and adaptive equipment
- Pregnancy, delivery and postpartum care (offered at Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns)
- Special parenting classes with adaptive techniques
- Urology/gynecology evaluation
To learn more about the Spinal Cord Injury Fertility Program, please call the program coordinator at 858-939-3075.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in physical medicine/rehab in San Diego.
"I respect the body's innate healing ability and each patient's role in selecting the direction of care."
"I help my patients negotiate through diagnostic and treatment algorithms to reach their ultimate goal."