Senior Health Centers
A combined lifestyle, treatment and preventive approach to care.
Our geriatric-trained team will help you develop a plan for medical care and necessary supportive services, including transportation and meal preparation. A hallmark of our service is that we take as much time as you need at your office visits to make sure we understand your needs and that you are in agreement with the plan for your care. We encourage you to stay in touch between appointments with any questions that may arise.
On your first visit, the physician and the geriatric-trained nurse practitioner will complete an evaluation of your medical records and history, your lifestyle, medications and other factors that may influence your health. After responding to any immediate medical needs, they will provide ongoing guidance and recommendations to help you achieve the best health possible.
For patients with Medicare Part A and Part B, the Sharp Senior Health Center will coordinate the following services:
- Primary physician care with 24-hour emergency coverage
- Nurse practitioners who specialize in geriatrics
- Specialty care referrals and coordination
- Individual and family counseling
- Free health education programs
- Free health screenings
- Medication management
- Free insurance billing and assistance
- Home health care referrals and coordination
- Health Information and community resources
- Direct billing for Medicare and supplemental insurance