Sharp Community Medical Group
Health Insurance Plans Accepted by Sharp Community
Accepting most plans to accommodate you.
Sharp Community Medical Group (SCMG) accepts most insurance plans to allow you to keep your Sharp Community physician, even if your insurance changes.
SCMG accepts the following health plans. If you're unsure if your insurance falls under any of the product names below, please call your health plan member services, whose number should appear on your member card. You can also call the Sharp Community Medical Group member services department at 858-499-2550 for assistance in these matters.
Most SCMG physicians accept PPOs, Medicare and other nonmanaged health care plans. If you have questions about any of these plans, please contact the physician's medical office directly.
- AARP Medicare Complete Secure Horizons Essential HMO (United Healthcare)
- AARP Medicare Complete Secure Horizons Premier HMO (United Healthcare)
- AARP Medicare Complete Secure Horizons Value HMO (United Healthcare)
- Anthem Blue
- Blue Shield of California
- Care 1st TotalDual Plan (HMO SNP)
- Health Net HMO
- Health Net Select POS
- Health Net Seniority Plus Group (retirees only)
- Sharp Health Plan HMO
- Sharp Secure Horizons Plan by United Healthcare HMO
- UnitedHealthcare HMO
- UnitedHealthcare Choice POS
Most Sharp Community Medical Group physicians accept credit card payments, including Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View Sharp Community doctors in San Diego.
"Providing compassionate, competent care with the patient's best interest is my primary concern."
"I work to provide centered care, focused on the functional recovery of each patient."