Sharp Community Medical Group
Patients' Bill of Rights
The Sharp Community Medical Group Member has the right to:
- Actively participate in decisions regarding the member's health care and treatment plan. To the extent permitted by law, this includes the right to refuse any procedure or treatment. If the recommended procedure or treatment is refused, an explanation will be given addressing the effect that this will have on the member's health.
- Be familiar with the benefits and exclusions of the member's health plan coverage.
- Be informed of the name and qualifications of the health care provider who has primary responsibility for coordinating the member's care; and be informed of the names, qualifications and specialties of other physicians and nonphysicians who are involved in the member's care.
- Be informed of continuing health care requirements following office visits, treatments, procedures and hospitalizations.
- Be informed of the member grievance and appeal process.
- Be provided with information about Sharp Community Medical Group, its services and the health care service delivery process.
- Be treated with respect and dignity.
- Change health care provider by contacting the Health Plan Member Services Department.
- Exercise these rights without regard to age, sex, economic status, educational background, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or the source of payment for care.
- Express opinions or concerns about the health care provider or the care provided, and offer recommendations to the Member Service Department of Sharp Community Medical Group.
- Have 24-hour access to the member's health care provider (or covering physician).
- Have all member's rights apply to the person who has the legal responsibility to make health care decisions for the member.
- Receive complete information about the diagnosis, proposed course of treatment or procedure, alternate courses of treatment or nontreatment, the clinical risks involved in each, and prospects for recovery in terms that are understandable to the member, in order to give informed consent or to refuse that course of treatment.
- Receive confidential treatment of all information and records associated with member's care.
- Receive considerate and respectful care with full consideration of the member's privacy.
- Receive reasonable continuity of care and be given timely and sensible responses to questions and requests made for service.
The Sharp Community Medical Group Member has the responsibility to:
- Be familiar and comply with the health care provider delivery system regarding access to routine, urgent and emergent care.
- Be on time for all appointments and notify the health care provider's office for appointment cancellations or rescheduling.
- Carry out the treatment plan that has been developed and agreed upon by health care provider and the member.
- Contact the member's health care provider or covering physician for any care that is needed after that physician's normal office hours.
- Have all of these responsibilities apply to the person who has the legal responsibility to make health care decisions for the member.
- Inform health care providers of member's inability to understand the information given to them.
- Obtain an authorized referral from the member's health care provider for a visit to a specialist and/or receipt of any specialty care.
- Provide the member's health care provider with complete and accurate information.
- Report changes in the member's condition according to health care provider instructions.
- Respect the rights, property and environment of the health care provider's office.
- Treat the health care provider and staff with respect.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View Sharp Community doctors in San Diego.
"I strive to improve my patients’ lives by impacting them in a positive and caring way."
"I listen to my patients' health concerns to assist them in making informed choices on their care."
"I like taking care of people and restoring their ability to return to activities they enjoy."
"My goal is to provide efficient evaluation and treatment of gastrointestinal disorders with compassion and quality."
"I value your health and safety and strive to provide the highest standards of aesthetic and reconstructive surgery."
"I love my profession and feel very privileged to be an OBGYN.
West Coast OB/GYN is pleased to announce the opening of an additional location in Carlsbad, Spring 2017. Our additional location will be at 6125 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad, CA 92011."