To improve the quality and reduce the cost of medical care.
Sharp HealthCare has demonstrated a longstanding commitment to the women and families of San Diego. Since 1955, this commitment has shaped the comprehensive spectrum of progressive medical services that Sharp provides.
Sharp continues that commitment with the creation of the Sharp Institute for Women and Infants. This institute was established to enhance medical care and improve the well being of women and newborns through the development of clinical services and applied research in the most compelling issues in family health care.
In many cases, the cost of medical care will ultimately be reduced by these endeavors, benefiting individual consumers and the community Sharp HealthCare serves.
The Sharp Institute for Women and Infants devotes special attention to clinical services and applied research in the following programs:
- Breast health
- Cardiac fitness and health promotion
- Diabetes and pregnancy
- Domestic violence
- Early infant immunization
- Fertility and reproductive technology
- Genetics and prenatal diagnosis
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Maternal-fetal care
- Neonatal outreach and early intervention follow-up
- Obstetrics and gynecologic oncology
- Osteoporosis diagnosis and treatment
- Parenting and women’s health education
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Preconception counseling and family planning
- Preterm birth prevention
- Psychosocial aspects of women’s and family health
- Sexuality and issues related to sexual assault
- Teenage pregnancy
Find a San Diego OBGYN
To find a Sharp-affiliated doctor, search for a San Diego OBGYN or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
For More Information
To find general information about women's health, visit Women's Health in Adult Health or read the Women's Health News archive.