This two-hour Basic Life Support (BLS) class is intended for experienced health care providers who have performed hands-on BLS and have the working knowledge and skills for this fast-paced course.
No remediation is allowed or provided during this accelerated course. Participants who fail to pass will be referred to a full BLS provider class.
Course skills/topics include:
- Adult/Child 1 & 2 rescuer CPR and foreign body airway obstruction
- AED scenarios, rescue breathing, mouth to mask breathing and bag valve mask
- Infant 1 & 2 rescuer CPR and foreign body airway obstruction
Upon successful completion, students will receive a two-year AHA BLS Course Completion Card.
Please note, registration for this class is required. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
A fee of 100 percent
will be deducted from the amount paid if you cancel your registration less than 24 hours
before the event.
Parking is free in the Brier Patch lot.
- Students must be at least 16 years old to participate in this class.
- This class requires practicing skills while working on the floor and having hands-on contact with the mannequins and fellow students. If you have any physical conditions that might prevent these activities, please notify the Cardiac Training Center by calling 619-740-4226.
- Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment. If a class is cancelled, you will be notified by phone two days before the class and will have the opportunity to attend another date or receive a full refund of the registration fee.
Please note, there is a $20 replacement fee if you lose or damage your AHA course completion card.
Participants who arrive more than five minutes after the class start time will be asked to reschedule.
It is mandatory that you bring the following with you to class in order to proceed with testing:
If you are not able to bring the item above, you will be required to register in a full health care provider class.