This class will provide Sharp HealthCare critical care RNs with an overview of essential care for stroke patients. The class covers topics such as information pertinent to assessment, treatment, patient education and discharge criteria.
At the completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the clinical presentation of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Have a better understanding of the etiology, pathophysiology, clinical presentation and management of acute ischemic stroke and hemorrhagic stroke
- Compare and contrast the management of patients with ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Discuss the diagnostic tests utilized for ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Discuss the etiology, risk factors and pathophysiology of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
A light lunch will be provided.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking is limited. Additional parking is available across the street in the Brier Patch parking lot.
If this class is full, please call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277) Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, and asked to be placed on our waitlist.
Gail Lighthizer, RN, MSN, CNRN, SCRN, is the stroke program manager at Sharp Grossmont Hospital.
This course is provider-approved by the California Board of Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 4.0 contact hours.