Classes and Events
Preparing for the ANCC Pain Management Nursing Certification Exam Class
This two-day course will give Sharp HealthCare registered nurses an overview of test content for the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Pain Management Nursing Certification exam. The class includes didactic and experiential opportunities to review current pain foundations, assessments, interventions, treatments and education. In addition, you will receive practice tests to enhance your test-taking skills and you will also have time to enroll for the exam.
After completing this knowledge-based activity, you will be able to:
- Describe the current science of pain pathology
- Apply pain assessment skills to case studies during group learning exercises
- Develop plan of care goals based on multi-modal pain management strategies
- Identify the benefits of pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments
- Discuss cultural and health literacy considerations when providing pain education
- Define the ethical and regulatory pain scope and standards
- Indicate pain considerations with special populations (e.g., neonatal, end of life)
Coffee and a light breakfast will be provided.