Update your knowledge about what's new in baby care.
Information covered will include:
- Brief history of childbirth
- 1950s: when moms were put to sleep
- 1970s: when Lamaze was the "thing to do"
- Today: where moms have choices and are more involved in the decision making
- Family-centered event
- Diapering, burping, bathing and calming techniques (hands-on participation with dolls)
- SIDS information
- Car seat safety
- Back-to-sleep strategies
- Swaddling: Dr. Harvey Karp, the 5 S's
- Infant CPR
- A grandparent's special role in the life of their grandchild
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
A fee of $10
will be deducted from the amount paid if you cancel your registration less than 3 days
before the event.
All visitors to the Women's Center should park in structure No. 2, adjacent to the main entrance of the hospital. Please bring your parking ticket with you to class for validation. There is no fee for parking.
This class is taught by a certified perinatal educator.