This course is designed to help Sharp Chula Vista certified nursing assistants understand their role in caring for dying patients as well as their loved ones. The class will empower the nursing assistant — within their scope of practice — in providing care based on the patient's physical symptoms, cultural appreciation and spiritual/psychological needs.
At the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Discuss how to support the family and how they can support one another at the end of life
- Have strategies for communicating with patients and their families
- Identify symptoms of patients who are at the end of life
- Provide options for managing pain and other symptoms
- Realize how your personal experience with death affects the care of a patient at the end of life
- Recognize changes in care in the last hours of life
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
This course is provider approved by the California Department of Health Nursing Aid Certification No. 1111 for 3.0 CEUs. Please bring your certificate number to class to receive credit.