This class will provide Sharp HealthCare critical care RNs and LVNs, as well as rehabilitation and stroke unit staff members, with an overview on essential care for stroke patients. The class covers topics such as information pertinent to assessment, treatment, patient education and core measures.
At the completion of the course, each attendee will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the clinical presentation of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Have a better understanding of the etiology, pathophysiology, clinical presentation and management of acute ischemic stroke and hemorrhagic stroke
- Compare and contrast the management of patients with ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Discuss the diagnostic tests utilized for ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Discuss the etiology, risk factors and pathophysiology of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
Breakfast will be provided.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking is available in front of the hospital or in parking structures located on Frost Street, on Health Center Drive or in front of Sharp Mary Birch. Parking fees may apply.
Chris Sundby, MSN, RN, CEN, is the stroke program manager at Sharp HealthCare's Ortho/Neuro Services.
This course is provider-approved by the California Board of Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 4.0 contact hours.