This program prepares Sharp Memorial Hospital staff members to care for behaviorally challenging patients using an interprofessional approach. The focus is on de-escalation and interprofessional collaboration.
At the completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the definition and prevalence of delirium, dementia, depression and substance abuse
- Understand the role of the interprofessional team in caring for a patient with behavior challenges
- Demonstrate de-escalation techniques
- Discuss the role of the nurse in the development of the care plan for behaviorally challenging patients
- Apply an interprofessional care plan for a behaviorally challenged patient
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking is available on the street in front of the Knollwood Building or in the garage on Birmingham Drive. The entrance to the Birmingham parking garage requires an activated employee badge.
This course is provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 4.0 contact hours.