This training session is designed to teach Sharp Chula Vista critical care RNs how to treat patients who are receiving therapeutic hypothermia, which lowers body temperature following resuscitation from cardiac arrest.
During the class, the instructor will:
- Review pathophysiology related to sudden cardiac arrest and the reperfusion injury
- Discuss the neuroprotection and review nursing implications associated with mild hypothermia
- Review advanced concepts and discuss troubleshooting of the Arctic Sun 5000
- Discuss the SCVMC's therapeutic hypothermia policy, procedure and order set
- Review the essential documentation involved when caring for patients on therapeutic hypothermia
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking is available in the structures at the front and back of the main hospital, as well as in the large lot behind the main hospital. Paid valet parking is available to patients and visitors Monday through Friday, 10 am to 4 pm.
Christina Kelley, MSN, RN, CNS, CNE, CCRN-K, RN-BC, AGCNS-BC, is a clinical lead educator in the ICU at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center.
This course is provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 3.0 contact hours.