Classes and Events
NxStage Class for Beginner CRRT Nurses
This class prepares Sharp critical care nurses to provide care for patients with continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT). Class content will include: mechanism of action, review of the DaVita machine, troubleshooting of alarms, and initiation and termination of therapy.
At the end of this session, the participant will:
- Describe the mechanisms of solute/fluid removal
- State three indications for CRRT therapy
- Describe interventions to prevent and manage complications
- Demonstrate circuit and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate novice level competency on the NxStage machine
Please note that you must have approval from a lead or clinical nurse specialist prior to registering for this class.