Classes and Events
Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy: NxStage 2019 Classes
This class prepares Sharp critical care nurses to provide care for patients with continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT). Class content will include: mechanism of action, review of the DaVita machine, troubleshooting of alarms, and initiation and termination of therapy.
At the end of this session, the participant will:
- Describe the mechanisms of solute/fluid removal
- State three indications for CRRT therapy
- Describe interventions to prevent and manage complications
- Demonstrate circuit and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate novice level competency on the NxStage machine
Please note that you must have approval from a lead or clinical nurse specialist prior to registering for this class.