The COVID-19 pandemic is significantly impacting college decisions and opportunities for families for the second consecutive year. Competition for top schools has increased and testing requirements and deadlines have changed. Many of the familiar events that prepare students and parents for the transition to college have been canceled or changed significantly.
This free online event will provide Sharp employees with an opportunity to discuss and explore their thoughts and feelings about the unique challenges of sending a child to college during these uncertain times.
A few of the questions that we will be discussing include:
- Are you confident your child will make safe choices in this new era?
- How will you manage your anxiety with your children away on campus?
- How have your preferred schools managed COVID-19 safety on campus this year?
- Is your teen ready for the independence of college life after months of remote learning?
- How do you prepare yourself and your child for leaving home without the familiar rituals of prom, grad night, graduation and more?
- Are you prepared for your own experience of your child leaving home?
This event is a safe and confidential space conducted via a HIPAA-compliant Zoom meeting by the Sharp Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Please feel free to eat your lunch during this event.
Michael Levy, LCSW, is a counselor and workplace consultant for Sharp's EAP. He facilitates the Working Parents Mutual Support Group and is the parent of two teens, including one who is in college.
Since this event is interactive, please plan to participate via a smartphone, tablet or computer that has a camera, speakers, microphone and large enough screen so that you can see and hear. All participants will be expected to have their camera on during the discussion.
Login instructions will be emailed to you in a separate email from your registration confirmation. If you did not receive the login instructions, please call us at 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277).
Please plan to log in early to ensure that you don't encounter any technical difficulties.
This discussion is recommended for parents whose children are considering attending college in the coming year. Parents of current college students and high school juniors are also welcome.