This class will prepare Sharp critical care nurses to provide care for patients with continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT). Class content will include: mechanism of action, review of the NxStage machine, troubleshooting of alarms, and initiation and termination of therapy.
At the end of this session, the participant will:
- Describe the mechanisms of solute/fluid removal
- State three indications for CRRT therapy
- Describe interventions to prevent and manage complications
- Demonstrate circuit and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate novice level competency on the NxStage machine
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking is available in the structures at the front and back of the main hospital, as well as in the large lot behind the main hospital. Paid valet parking is available to patients and visitors Monday through Friday, 10 am to 4 pm.
This course is intended for Sharp ICU nurses only. Staff must have lead or CNS approval prior to registering for the class.
Please note, dates may be canceled if there are fewer than six participants registered.
The featured speaker is Mary Ann Campos, RN, CDN, who is an acute care coordinator and education specialist with Fresenius Medical Care.
Sharp course coordinators include:
- Leah Brown, clinical nurse specialist MICU, Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Ani Harter, senior specialist SICU, Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Christina Kelley, lead clinical nurse/educator ICU, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
- Kaelin Schickedanz, advanced clinician SICU, Sharp Memorial Hospital
This course is provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 4.0 contact hours.