This multiday course teaches a step-by-step process to enhance accountability, improve performance and ensure execution. Learn how to talk about violated expectations in a way that solves problems while improving relationships, which can lead to improved individual, team and organizational effectiveness.
The objectives for this course include:
Before the confrontation:
- Identify the right problem and decide if and how to deal with it
- Take charge of emotions by viewing problems through sources of influence
During the confrontation:
- Describe the problem in a way that sets the right tone for everything that follows
- Diagnose whether the problem is due to motivation, ability or both
- Make it motivating without having to rely on power
- Make it easy by jointly identifying and removing barriers
- Deal with interruptions and side issues without getting sidetracked
After the confrontation:
- Determine whether the confrontation is completely resolved
- Set clear action plans and follow-up methods
To register for this class, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 7 pm. Please provide the agent with your name, employee number, entity and department name and cost center number.
This class will be facilitated by Amy Kosifas and Susan Murray.
Free visitor parking is available from the lot entrance on Spectrum Center Boulevard. Employee parking is available in the front, back and side of the Spectrum building. The four entrances on Tech Way require an activated employee badge.
This class is for leads and above only. If you attended Crucial Confrontations in the past, please consider before registering that this is the same course with only slight modifications. You must attend all sessions to complete the training.
All instructors are VitalSmarts™ Crucial Accountability™ Certified Trainers.
Please plan to arrive at least 10 minutes before the start time of the class and give yourself ample time to find parking.
Please bring a pen to class.
Participants should dress in layers to accommodate fluctuating room temperatures.
A lunch break will be provided on the first day. You are welcome to bring food and beverages or visit the campus cafeteria.
This course is provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 12.0 contact hours.