This multiday course teaches a step-by-step process to enhance accountability, improve performance and ensure execution. Learn how to talk about violated expectations in a way that solves problems while improving relationships, which can lead to improved individual, team and organizational effectiveness.
The objectives for this course include:
Before the confrontation:
- Identify the right problem and decide if and how to deal with it
- Take charge of emotions by viewing problems through sources of influence
During the confrontation:
- Describe the problem in a way that sets the right tone for everything that follows
- Diagnose whether the problem is due to motivation, ability or both
- Make it motivating without having to rely on power
- Make it easy by jointly identifying and removing barriers
- Deal with interruptions and side issues without getting sidetracked
After the confrontation:
- Determine whether the confrontation is completely resolved
- Set clear action plans and follow-up methods
To register for this course, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 7 pm. Please provide the agent with your name, employee number, entity and department name and cost center number.
*Please note that the online classes will be held over five sessions (2.5 hours per session). The in-person classes will take place in a two-day period. Please plan to attend all class sessions.
This class will be facilitated by Connie Duquette, Kathy Rodean and Marykay Shibley.
Please park in the SMMC Employee Birmingham Parking Structure that is across the street from the Knollwood Building. You will need to use your Sharp employee ID badge to gain access.
This class is for leads and above only. If you attended Crucial Confrontations in the past, please consider before registering that this is the same course with only slight modifications. You must attend all sessions to complete the training.
Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment. If a class is cancelled, you will be notified before the class and will have the opportunity to attend another date.
All instructors are VitalSmarts™ Crucial Accountability™ Certified Trainers.
For web-based classes, you will be required to have access to a computer and phone to attend. Please make sure you provide an email address during registration. Login instructions will be emailed to you from VitalSmarts a few days before the class.
For in-person dates, please plan to arrive at least 10 minutes before the start time of the class and give yourself ample time to find parking.
If you are attending an in-person class date:
- Bring a pen
- Dress in layers to accommodate fluctuating room temperatures
- A lunch break will be provided on the first day. You are welcome to bring food and beverages or visit the campus cafeteria.
This course is provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 12.0 contact hours.