This multiday course teaches Sharp Rees-Stealy employees in leadership positions a step-by-step process to enhance accountability, improve performance and ensure execution. Learn how to talk about violated expectations in a way that solves problems while improving relationships, which can lead to improved individual, team and organizational effectiveness.
The objectives for this course include:
Before the confrontation:
- Identify the right problem and decide if and how to deal with it
- Take charge of emotions by viewing problems through sources of influence
During the confrontation:
- Describe the problem in a way that sets the right tone for everything that follows
- Diagnose whether the problem is due to motivation, ability or both
- Make it motivating without having to rely on power
- Make it easy by jointly identifying and removing barriers
- Deal with interruptions and side issues without getting sidetracked
After the confrontation:
- Determine whether the confrontation is completely resolved
- Set clear action plans and follow-up methods
To register for this class, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 7 pm. Please provide the agent with your name, employee number, department name and cost center number.
This class will be facilitated by Karen Alegrado, Meg Murphy, Sherrie Lynn Dasalla and Lynne Macho.
This class date is for Sharp Rees-Stealy leads and above. If you attended Crucial Confrontations in the past, please consider before registering that this is the same course with only slight modifications. You must attend all sessions to complete the training.
All instructors are VitalSmarts™ Crucial Accountability™ Certified Trainers.
Please plan to arrive at least 10 minutes before the start time of the class and give yourself ample time to find parking.
This course is provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 16.0 contact hours.