These monthly classes are open to registered nurses who are new to the ICU at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center. They are designed to enhance your knowledge and application of skills in the critical care setting.
The instructor will cover a different area of interest at each session. You may attend as many as you wish, but please sign up for each session individually as space is limited.
2018 Class Schedule
- Feb. 19 - Cath Lab Recovery With TR Band and FemoStop Post Sheath Removal
- March 26 - Early Deterioration With Case Studies
- April 30 - Introduction to Hemodynamics With Swan-Ganz Setup and Drip Management
- May 29 - Ventric/Lumbar With Drain Setup (no skills lab)
- June 25 - Pacemaker With Hands-On Practice
- July 30 - SIOS/CII/DKA and MPage Case Studies
- Aug. 14 - Introduction to Hemodynamics With Swan Setup and Drip Management
- Aug. 27 - Wound VAC Initiation and Management
- Sept. 11 - Ventric/Lumbar With Drain Setup
- Sept. 24 - HAC With CVL Dressing Change, Foley Insertion and Algorithm
- Oct. 12 - Early Recognition of Patient Deterioration With Case Studies
- Oct. 29 - Pain Management, EOL, Ethical Case Studies and Caregiver Stress
- Nov. 6 - Pacemaker With Hands-On Practice
- Nov. 26 - Sedation Management, Weaning/Extubation With Overview of Ventilator Settings, Restraints and Delirium With CAM-ICU Assessment
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking is available in the structures at the front and back of the main hospital, as well as in the large lot behind the main hospital. Paid valet parking is available to patients and visitors Monday through Friday, 10 am to 4 pm.
Christina M. Kelley, MSN, RN-BC, AGCNS-BC, CCRN-K, CNE, NE-BC, is a clinical lead nurse in the MICU/SICU at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center.
You must be able to provide your professional license number at the class in order to receive CEU credit.
The course is provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 4.0 contact hours.