This class is open to Sharp Rees-Stealy registered nurses and ortho techs who have not previously received instruction on fiberglass splinting or would like to refresh their skills. Employees will receive classroom instruction as well as hands-on experience applying splints.
At the end of this class, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate in a laboratory setting proper preparation and correct technique for applying fiberglass splints
- Restate the necessary pre- and post-splint checks
- Recognize the four populations at greatest risk for complications related to fiberglass splinting
- Identify potential complications and how to minimize the risk of complications
- Explain proper patient discharge instructions
- Demonstrate correct fiberglass splinting documentation
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking instructions will be emailed to you after you register for the class.
Leslie Dela Cruz-Torio, PhD, RN, is a registered nurse and senior staff development specialist for Sharp Rees-Stealy.
Kevin Goodwater, OTC, is an ortho tech for Sharp Rees-Stealy.
You will be emailed information on where to park and how to gain entry into the building after you register for the class.
This class requires that you practice applying upper and lower extremity splints, so please wear a short-sleeved shirt and pants that can roll up above the knee. Consider dressing in layers as the temperature in the room may fluctuate.
This course is provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 4.0 contact hours. Please bring your license number to class to receive credit.