This class is open to Sharp HealthCare registered nurses and ortho techs who have not previously received instruction on fiberglass splinting or would like to refresh their skills. Employees will receive training via an online module, as well as in-person, hands-on experience applying splints in a classroom setting.
After registration, you will receive an email notification when your online module is available in the Sharp Learning Center. You are required to complete the online module at least one week prior to your scheduled in-person class date.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate in a laboratory setting proper preparation and correct technique for applying fiberglass splints
- Restate the necessary pre- and post-splint checks
- Recognize the four populations at greatest risk for complications related to fiberglass splinting
- Identify potential complications and how to minimize the risk of complications
- Explain proper patient discharge instructions
- Demonstrate correct fiberglass splinting documentation
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Jean Frazier, BSN, RN, is a registered nurse and staff development specialist for Sharp Rees-Stealy.
Kevin Goodwater, OTC, is an ortho tech for Sharp Rees-Stealy.
Please make sure you complete the online module in the Sharp Learning Center at least one week before your scheduled in-person class date.
You will be emailed information on where to park and how to gain entry into the building after you register.
This class requires that you practice applying upper and lower extremity splints, so please wear a short-sleeved shirt and pants that can roll up above the knee. Consider dressing in layers as the temperature in the room may fluctuate.
Vending machines are available on-site to purchase snacks or drinks.
This course is provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 4.0 contact hours. Please provide your license number during registration to receive credit.