This course will cover basic principles of LVAS function, trouble-shooting and patient care.
The class is intended for Sharp RNs, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and all RNs who are new to Heartmate LVAS and the HeartWare LVAS or would like a refresher.
At the completion of this class the participant will be able to:
- Describe nursing responsibilities for the care of the patient with the Heartmate or HeartWare LVAS
- Describe the routine maintenance required of the Heartmate and HeartWare
- Discuss the design and operation of the HeartMate II & III LVAS and the HeartWare LVAS
- Discuss troubleshooting emergency situations and actions to be taken for each LVAS
- Identify two operating alarms and corrective measures for each
- List indicators for use of both the HeartMate II & III LVAS and HeartWare LVAS
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking is available in front of the hospital or in parking structures located on Frost Street, on Health Center Drive or in front of Sharp Mary Birch. Parking fees may apply.
Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment. If a class is cancelled, you will be notified in advance.
This course is instructed by:
Marcia Stahovich, RN, CCRN
Suzanne Chillcott, BSN, RN
Mechanical Circulatory Support Department
You must bring your RN license with you to the class to receive the CEUs.
This course had been Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 6.0 contact hours.