Classes and Events
HeartMate II and HeartMate 3 Basics Class
Learn more about LVAD function, troubleshooting and patient care at this class for Sharp Memorial employees.
Need a different date?
Presented by Sharp Memorial Hospital
This class is open to Sharp Memorial Hospital employees only. It will cover basic principles of left ventricular assist device (LVAD) function, troubleshooting and patient care.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- State basic principles of heart failure
- Understand the design and operation of HeartMate II and HeartMate 3
- Identify HeartMate II and HeartMate 3 equipment
- Identify operating alarms and the corrective measures
- Describe nursing responsibilities for the patient with the HeartMate II and HeartMate 3
Please note that this is the in-person, hands-on didactic portion of the class. You must complete the online modules in the Sharp Learning Center before attending.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event, please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Please park in your normal spot on campus.
Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment. If a class is cancelled, you will be notified in advance.
- Amanda Dalby, RN, BSN
- Megan Weske, RN, BSN
Please report to 4 Center in Sharp Memorial Hospital unless told otherwise.
Sharp Memorial Hospital