Classes and Events
IV Insulin Infusion Management With EndoTool Class
This class is for Sharp HealthCare nurses who work in the ICU or Emergency Department.
Need a different date?
Presented by Sharp HealthCare
This program prepares Sharp nurses to care for critically ill patients who require an insulin infusion. The class provides instruction from the initiation of therapy, to maintenance of goal range and through transition to subcutaneous.
At the completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe EndoTool IV software and insulin IV setup
- Understand the effects of hyperglycemia
- Identify the different IV insulin infusion power plans using EndoTool IV software
- State the general management of a diabetes crisis
- Recognize key management differences among the four types of diabetes crisis
- Describe and implement the two-bag method
- Understand EndoTool IV transition process to subcutaneous insulin
- Review best ways to prevent hypoglycemia
Please note that this class is for Sharp HealthCare nurses who work in the ICU or Emergency Department only.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event, please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
- Sharon Dunn, RN, BSN, CDCES, Diabetes Services Nurse Educator Specialist
- Marty Engle, RN, MSN, FNP-BC, CDCES, Inpatient Diabetes Nurse Practitioner
- David Gehlken, RN, MSN, FNP-BC, Inpatient Diabetes Nurse Practitioner
Classes will be held either online. The instructor will email you the Microsoft Teams login information and handouts in advance.
If you did not receive the login instructions, please call us at 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 7 pm, at least one business day in advance of your class.
This class is provider-approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 2.0 contact hours.