This educational forum will teach you about lymphedema, a condition where swelling occurs because of damage or blockage in the lymph system.
At this free class, you will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of lymphedema
- Identify risk factors that may cause lymphedema
- Understand ways to prevent or reduce the risk of lymphedema
- Recognize early signs and symptoms
- Learn why movement or function in arms and legs may be impacted
- Discover treatment options
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Please park in the structure on Health Center Drive next to the Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion and Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns. Tickets will be validated at the class.
The instructor will cover all pertinent information in one session, however, you may choose to attend more than one date if needed.
Carol Long, OTR/L, is an occupational therapist and certified lymphedema therapist with Sharp HealthCare.