This online orientation program is designed to provide an introduction to the mentoring role for both new nurse mentors and mentees within Sharp HealthCare.
This class will be offered virtually via Microsoft Teams. You can attend with a webcam-enabled device (computer or tablet). Please provide your Sharp email address during registration, so that a meeting invitation with the login information can be sent to you.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Define the structure, process and outcomes of the Sharp HealthCare nurse mentor program
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the mentor and mentee
- Facilitate the successful role transition, social enculturation and professional development of the newly hired nurse
All attendees must be selected by their unit leadership as a future and/or current mentor or mentee.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Jan. 26: Tanna Thomason, RN
April 7: Melodie Daniels, RN
Aug. 17: Sara Wren, RN
Oct. 6: Courtney Kendal, RN
Please note that all sessions will be held online only. You will be sent login instructions in a separate email directly from the facilitator before the course.
Virtual Class Norms
- Please be prepared and on time for this live session by signing on at least 10 minutes before the start time. Be sure your webcam is functional before the class starts.
- Plan to have your webcam on for the duration of the live session. Breaks will be offered regularly.
- Mute your audio when not speaking and to minimize background noise.
- Questions may be asked using the chat box feature on Microsoft Teams.
This course has been provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 2.0 contact hours upon completion of the class. Partial credit will not be given.