This in-depth review course is for Sharp HealthCare registered nurses who are preparing to take the Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) certification exam. It is also appropriate for those who need Individualized Learning Needs Assessment (ILNA) points to renew their OCN certification.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- State the epidemiology, prevention and early detection and diagnosis for specific cancers
- Discuss the scientific basis for cancer
- Identify the treatment modalities for cancer
- Describe and apply interventions to frequently occurring symptoms experienced by patients with cancer
- List common psychosocial needs of cancer patients
- Name common oncology emergencies and treatment
- Review cancer survivorship
- Review end-of-life care
- Apply the scope and standards of oncology nursing practice
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Parking is available on the street in front of the Knollwood Building or in the garage on Birmingham Drive. The entrance to the Birmingham parking garage requires an activated employee badge.
If you have a disability and need accommodation, please call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277) at least 72 hours prior to the start of the class.
We recommend bringing a sweater or light jacket as room temperatures may fluctuate. A light breakfast and lunch will be provided both days.
This course is provider-approved by the California Board of Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 13.5 contact hours.