This four-hour class is open to Sharp-affiliated pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy residents and students. Other allied health professionals who are interested in learning the medication use workflow within the electronic health record are also welcome to attend.
Following the conclusion of this class, you should be able to:
- Understand the Cerner application and its features, including how to log in and out, navigate within the application, utilize the application toolbar, search for a patient, get clinical summary information, use medication manager view and do proper order entry
- Demonstrate entering new orders
- Demonstrate order verification for computerized physician order entry (CPOE) and other profile actions, including modify and discontinue
- Understand pharmacy consults and the entry of clinical notes
- Apply skills during hands-on time
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Free visitor parking is available from the lot entrance on Spectrum Center Boulevard. Employee parking is available in the front, back and side of the Spectrum building. The four entrances on Tech Way require an activated employee badge.
Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the class to allow enough time to sign in.