Materials will be mailed to your home address in advance of the class, please make sure your address information is up to date in your account.
This four-hour online class is designed to provide Sharp HealthCare professionals with the opportunity for practical application of evidence-based precepting strategies. Instructors will review the essential components of precepting, including roles and responsibilities of being a preceptor and educating, facilitating and evaluating orientees. The class is interactive and instructors use common precepting scenarios to guide discussion.
This class will be offered virtually via Microsoft Teams. You can attend with a webcam-enabled device (computer or tablet). Please provide your Sharp email address during registration, so that a meeting invitation with the login information can be sent to you.
Finally, please write out your full job title when prompted during the registration process. Please write one of the options below:
- Advanced Clinician
- Case Manager
- Clinical Nurse
- Healthcare Assistant or Healthcare Partner
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Medical Social Worker
- Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Speech Therapist
- Ultrasound Technician
- Other (please write your full job title if not listed above)
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Please note that all sessions will be held online only. You will be sent login instructions after you register in a separate email directly from the course facilitator one week before the course.
Virtual Class Norms
- Please be prepared and on time for this live session by signing on at least 10 minutes before the start time. Be sure your webcam is functional before the class starts.
- Plan to have your webcam on for the duration of the live session. Breaks will be offered regularly.
- Mute your audio when not speaking and to minimize background noise.
- Questions may be asked using the chat box feature on Microsoft Teams.
This course is provider-approved by the California Board of Nursing (Provider No. 70) for 3.5 contact hours. Please make sure to provide your license number during registration to receive credit.