Classes and Events
Proning Therapy for ARDS Class at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
This class is intended for Sharp Chula Vista ICU nurses and respiratory therapists and is optional for other Sharp Chula Vista staff members who are interested in earning continuing education units. During this class you will learn how to care for patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) who require being in a prone position to facilitate adequate oxygenation.
The class includes the theory behind the proning therapy as well as a hands-on device demonstration.
By attending this workshop, you will learn about the following:
- ARDS pathophysiology
- Bispectral Index (BIS) monitoring with return demonstration monitor setup and electrode placement
- Pathophysiology of prone positioning
- Research related to prone positioning for ARDS
- Evidence-based practice for prone positioning
- Utilization of Rotoprone for patient care, placement, etc.