Classes and Events
Proning Therapy for ARDS Class at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
This class will provide Sharp Grossmont Hospital ICU nurses with an overview on how to care for patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) who require being in a prone position to facilitate adequate oxygenation.
The instructor will cover the theory behind proning therapy as well as a separate hands-on demonstration of the Rotoprone therapy system. Light refreshments will be provided.
At this workshop, we will:
- Discuss the adverse effects of immobility
- Review the prevalence of ARDS
- Ensure understanding of basic pulmonary mechanics
- Describe the physiology and pathophysiology of ARDS
- Discuss the different treatment modalities for ARDS
- Articulate the mechanism of action with prone positioning
- Analyze the beneficial impact of mortality reduction with clinical research
- Review clinical research related to prone positioning
- Provide a hands-on demonstration on the use of the equipment