Classes and Events
Pyxis ES Conversion Superuser Training Class
This class is designed to provide a coordinated effort to align departmental requirements in gaining end-user nursing support during the housewide Pyxis ES transition at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital.
At the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic features of the BD Pyxis Medstation ES system
- Differentiate between the current BD Pyxis Medstation and the new Pyxis Medstation ES system
- Know the steps to safely and efficiently remove patient medications from a profiled and nonprofiled system
- Be familiar with functions including overriding, returning and wasting of medications
- Understand the process of discrepancy management and inventory count
- Determine steps during emergency downtime per Sharp's processes and procedures (No. 43109)
- Obtain access to the BD Pyxis Medstation through biometric identification
Please note that this class is open to Sharp Mesa Vista nurses and Sharp McDonald Center nurses who are designated superusers.