Classes and Events
Pyxis ES End User Training Class
This class is designed to provide a coordinated effort to align departmental requirements in gaining end-user nursing support during the housewide Pyxis ES transition at Sharp Mesa Vista and Sharp McDonald Center.
At the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic features of the BD Pyxis Medstation ES system
- Differentiate between the current BD Pyxis Medstation and the new Pyxis Medstation ES system
- Know the steps to safely and efficiently remove patient medications from a profiled system
- Be familiar with functions including overriding, returning and wasting of medications
- Understand the process of discrepancy management and inventory count
- Determine steps during emergency downtime per Sharp's processes and procedures (No. 43109)
- Obtain access to the BD Pyxis Medstation through biometric identification
Please note that this class is open to Sharp Mesa Vista and Sharp McDonald Center nurses only.