This virtual workshop is for adults who have scoliosis. A Sharp Rees-Stealy physical therapist will provide basic information about what scoliosis is and the different types that occur, as well as how to maintain good back health with scoliosis.
The two-part class will address the following questions:
- What is scoliosis?
- Why is my back shaped this way?
- Will I be able to walk when I am older, or will I be bent over no matter what I do?
- Is it safe to exercise and how can I do so without making things worse?
- How should I sit?
- What are good sleep positions?
- What are reasonable goals for an adult with scoliosis (i.e., stabilizing the curve/curves, managing pain, improving daily habits to minimize stress on spine)?
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Dina Chalom, PT, MOMT, is a physical therapist with Sharp Rees-Stealy. She is certified in the Schroth and Scientific Exercises Approach to Scoliosis (SEAS) methods, as well as being a certified Iyengar yoga teacher.
This class will be conducted virtually via Mend. Please log in with a computer or tablet with a screen that is large enough so that you can easily see the demonstrations.
Login instructions will be emailed to you directly from Mend at least two days in advance of the first class. If you did not receive the login instructions, please call us at 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 7 pm.
Please plan to log in 10 minutes early to ensure that you don't encounter any technical difficulties.