Classes and Events
Sepsis Champion Training
This course will prepare Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center nurses, respiratory therapists and nursing assistants from each unit to become Sepsis Champions. In this role, you will be a resource to other staff members, optimize sepsis management and facilitate appropriate sepsis care with the overall goal of decreasing sepsis-related mortality and readmission rates.
By attending this class, you will be able to:
- Understand the pathophysiology of sepsis
- State Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) core measures
- Describe the sepsis treatment that relates to labs, fluids and antibiotics
- Review Sharp HealthCare’s goal in mortality and readmission rates and sepsis treatment
- Become competent in early recognition of patient deterioration as related to the septic patient
- Identify those who are high risk for sepsis
- Understand post-sepsis syndrome
- Identify sepsis care path including patient/family education and enhancing post-sepsis recovery
- Understand the role of palliative care in septic patients
- Discuss post-acute care for septic patients
- Describe the responsibilities of the Sepsis Champion
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.